As always, the weekend was way too short. We (by "we", I mean E) got a lot accomplished outside this weekend. On Saturday morning he hauled 75 tons of gravel into our yard to build a pad for the wood, mowed the (2 acre) yard, and went to our nephew's grad party. It was a busy day, to say the least. I didn't do much besides wrangle kids, and pick up the house.
M and I had a day of a lot of yelling yesterday. She's getting so mouthy, and pushing so many limits. I've just about had it with her. I feel terrible yelling all the time, I really need to find a better way of dealing with her. She knows exactly what to say to push my buttons. I think that I need to ignore it, show her that it *isn't* pushing my buttons even though I'm about to explode inside. We spent most of the day yesterday outside, with the tv off, and I've realized that we need to make that the norm. I'm not responding to the whining, and she's figuring out that she needs to use a "big-girl" voice to get what she wants. Hopefully we'll get it all under control, and I'm not completely screwing her up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment