Wednesday, June 4, 2008

50 Things...

I've been meaning to start my 100 Things post, let's see how far I get today...

1. I grew up on a small dairy farm.
2. We milked around 60 cows, twice a day.
3. After I graduated high school, we expanded to 300 cows.
4. I was never a "farm girl".
5. I had friends in school that never realized I lived in the country.
6. My mom ran a hair salon.
7. I've never had to pay for a haircut.
8. I have a brother, and a sister. Both younger.
9. We are a competitive family.
10. I always wanted to be a lawyer.
11. Sometimes I still wish I had tried grad school.
12. I feel like now it's too late to go back.
13. I've been married for almost 7 years.
14. I married my high school sweetheart.
15. He was pretty much my first boyfriend.
16. It's amazing to me that we still like each other.
17. I was the sergeant of the colorguard in high school.
18. I joined colorguard so I wouldn't have to wear the band uniform. It was too hot.
19. At our school, band was cool. (no, really)
20. My husband still teases me about that.
21. I weigh about 70 pounds more than my driver's license says.
22. I'd like to change that, but lack motivation.
23. I love it when people say my daughter looks like me.
24. It's hard to come up with 100 things about yourself.
25. I'm lucky to have a great group of girlfriends.
26. I love celebrity gossip.
27. I watch two soap operas...Young and the Restless, and Days of Our Lives.
28. They are lame, but I can't help it.
29. I don't get into politics.
30. I don't watch the news.
31. I bought reusable grocery bags last weekend.
32. Hopefully I can remember to use them.
33. I worry what the world be like for my kids/grandkids.
34. I'm not sure what *I* can do about it.
35. Hopefully the little things really do help.
36. I'm excited to not have to rely on gas to heat our house this year.
37. I wish my husband wasn't so obsessed with work/money.
38. I don't go to church as often as I should.
39. I'm Catholic.
40. I hate admitting when I'm wrong.
41. Just ask my husband.
42. My husband's really into the U.FC.
43. My daughter knows how to do an armbar.
44. Her favorite song is J.ohnny Cash's Ring of Fire.
45. I love my kids, but it's hard being a mom.
46. I never would have known these feelings were normal if it wasn't for blogging.
47. No one in real life knows about my blog.
48. I want to keep it that way.
49. I'm a good secret-keeper.
50. Halfway done!

1 comment:

NedaAnn said...

I love it! When you are done I may do something similar on my blog. You've inspired me. And I love that you are updating more. Yours is the first or second blog I check everyday.