Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Kiddo updates...

I sit here looking at the posting screen, at my cursor blink-blink-blinking at me, and I can't for the life of me find something to talk about. Anyone who knows me in my "real life" would be shocked. It's not often that I'm found at a loss for words. For some reason, I've been having a hard time translating to words on paper. I reread what I write, and it doesn't really *sound* like me. Weird. I tend to write like I talk, maybe I really am that boring! I'll talk about the kids today, it's easy to ramble on and on about them!

L is changing so fast these days, I swear he does something new everyday. I want to get it all down so I can remember. He's had a bottom front tooth for about 2 weeks now, and is crawling all over the place. Two days ago he started waving bye-bye, by just opening and closing his hand. He often will look at his hand while he's doing it, completely amazed. He will pull himself up to standing, usually at the hearth of our very concrete and dangerous fireplace. He's given mama heart palpitations more than once. He seems so much more confident in his physical abilities than M ever was. She's still clumsy. L just seems like he'll be much less likely to trip spontaneously. He gives me open mouth kisses, right on my chin, complete with a little baby "mwah". It's adorable. He loves the bath, splashing his hands and feet until anyone in a 5 foot radius is drenched. Being outside calms him, it's a sure-fire way to get him to quiet down if he's fussing. When I pick him up from daycare, he's so happy to see me, he can't hold one part of his entire body still. He still sleeps with us, and is starting to move around more to get comfortable. I love watching him roll around, finding just the right spot to settle down into. He's a little furnace when he's sleeping. If he falls asleep in my arms, I can tell immediately when he's in a deep sleep. My arm and the side of his head will be drenched with sweat.

M has really become a daddy's girl. She will follow him around, wherever he goes. They've developed quite a bond lately, it's heartwarming to see. She may be a little jealous of L and all the attention he needs, she's been wanting to climb into my lap more often lately. I've been indulging her, she needs mommy too. She's been into rhyming lately, but doesn't get that it's the last part of the word that rhymes, not the first. I'll have to try to remember some examples, it's pretty funny. She always wants to wear a dress or a skirt, and only the ones she personally picks out. Heaven forbid I try to assert my fashion sense.

As always, the time seems to be passing too quickly. I've resolved to start trying to live healthier, and started this morning by eating a banana. I have always hated bananas, I think it's a texture thing. But, I need to quit my morning donut habit, and start eating a healthier breakfast. I stuck with my cup of cappuccino, baby steps. And, the banana wasn't half bad, so I think that's a good sign. I just need to get exercising, T-T.apping, to be exact. I've got a DVD of the workout, and I know that so many people have had great results with it. I just need to get my arse out of bed in the morning and do it. Maybe tomorrow...

1 comment:

NedaAnn said...

Trinity was upset this morning, because it is raining, so I made her wear pants. She made me promise that she could wear a dress tomorrow for "gradulation". They have preschool graduation tomorrow. I'm glad mine is not the only fashion sense to be ignored. I mean what do I know - obviously teal, orange & red go together just fine as long as you add pink flip-flops.