Monday, June 9, 2008

Well, our weekend was pretty fun. I took the kids to the town festival, and M rode some rides and watched a parade. She had a blast. L had a pretty good time too, from his stroller. It was our first weekend of sunny, hot weather. It felt like summer had finally arrived. It was nice, but I'm not a big fan of melty heat. I'll take 70 degrees, with a light breeze, thank you.

My husband, for some reason, has an aversion to using the air conditioning, so I didn't turn it on this weekend. Even though at some moments I had streams of sweat running down my back. I have learned my lesson, and next time I will take matters into my own hands. When it's hot in the house *now*, I don't care if it cools off enough at night to cool off the house. I call him the A/C nazi.

I contemplated going out on Saturday night, and after talking with my best friend today, I'm glad I didn't. It was hot in the bar, and based on the people she ran into, I'm glad I missed it. I thought that after I graduated high school, I left high school clique-y behavior behind. I'm so over the popularity contests. I always have a lot more fun when I hang out with my core group of friends, and leave the bar scene out of it. Plus, I didn't waste a ton of money on what amounts to a hangover.

No comments: