Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Back in the saddle

I think I'm finally getting back into the swing of things after being on vacation last week. My house still looks like our governor should declare it a disaster area. I'm hoping to put a dent in the mess over the next few days. I'm feeling really overwhelmed by our "store-room". I really need to get in there and clean it out. For some reason it's gotten filled with CRAP that I need to just chuck. I know that E would be ecstatic if it actually happened. Maybe this weekend we can make a few runs to the dump and/or Goodwill. I think at some point I'll have a yard sale for the baby stuff, I know that baby clothes will sell. The clock I used to hang in the house we lived in before this one, not so much. Those sorts of things will head down the road. Wish me luck!

I also got my period this weekend. E responded with a fist pump in the air and a very enthusiastic "YESSS". When I asked what all the fuss was about, he said that he had been sure that I was pregnant. Apparently he didn't know that a lot of times when you're nursing, you don't get your period. I wondered out loud why he had never voiced his concern...it would have eliminated a lot of worrying on his part. Whatever. It wasn't too bad, I had heard horror stories about the first one after weaning. It's odd to have to buy that stuff again, I think my last period was November of 2006. If that right there doesn't make you want to nurse, I don't know what will. It's definitely a perk.

2 comments:

NedaAnn said...

I hope you get the storeroom cleaned out this weekend. I finally got Trinity to clean off her bookshelves. We are sending the 'girl' books to her cousin in Nevada & we are taking the 'boy' books to her brand new 2nd cousin tonight. I love seeing her excited about sharing her books with her cousins. And I feel like I'm losing some clutter. I need to de-clutter the spare room, but it seems so daunting to begin. I may get lost in there and have to clean my way out. The horror! :) I'm sorry I've not been commenting lately. I've literally been buried under work, but I'm taking a short break today because I had an awesome shoot this morning. This is my reward. Have an awesome weekend!

Brooke said...

I hope so too! So cute that Trinity wants to share her stuff. I've been having a hard time getting M to want to help me with anything. Beyond frustrating! I'm glad that you are so busy, sad that you aren't around here as much. Being busy means business is good, right?!