Monday, June 30, 2008

Of Parties, Exercise & Yard Sales

It seems like I'm always tired on Mondays. We didn't even do much this weekend. It was pretty calm, which is nice. I wanted to get more done cleaning-wise, but didn't. We've got L's 1st! birthday! party this weekend, so I've got a lot to get done this week. My niece was born on the same day, she'll be 4. Her party is on Friday, so I can't count on Friday to get anything done. Hopefully we get home from that party at a decent hour so I'll have the evening for our party prep.

I still haven't done any exercising of note lately, and I keep telling myself that I need to get my ass moving. I'm going to try to get some in tonight, I was too lazy to get out of bed early today. I think that the early morning is going to end up being the best time for me, I just need to actually DO it a couple of times to get into the habit. July 1st was going to be my start date, but I like the idea of starting on a Monday. I don't really know why, it just seems right to me. I'm not sure if I'll be able to get it in tonight, I want to make sure that E isn't going to be home. I feel a little self-conscious exercising in front of him. I don't know why, he's seen me at my most vulnerable, but there's something about prancing around to an exercise video that I don't want him to see. So, he can't be home, which is why the morning is probably my best bet. Plus, the kiddos will still be sleeping so I won't have to worry about kicking either one of them in the face while I'm flailing about.

I've been obsessing about having a yard sale lately. I'm not sure if it's a good idea or not. We live pretty far out into the country, but there is a well-traveled county road fairly close-by. I was thinking about doing it around our town festival, when many other people have yard sales as well. I just don't know if I can get everything priced and ready by then (it's the end of July). I would love to get rid of a bunch of stuff, and I think that a lot of it would sell pretty well. It's a lot of baby paraphernalia, clothes, and some housewares. It would really lighten the load in the storeroom as well as make us a little extra cash. Baby stuff really sells well around here. I was planning on donating a lot of it, but realized that with a little extra work I could make some money. I just don't know if anyone will show up. I think that I'm going to start going through stuff, pricing it as I go, just in case. At least then I'll be ready if I decide to do it. I was also thinking about asking my sil if she wants to bring some stuff up too. She's usually game for stuff like this, and then she'd be there to help run it as well. Anybody out there done much yard-sale-ing? Any tips?

No comments: