Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I'm Baaack

We had a great time on our trip up north. The weather could have been better, it wasn't very warm, and wanted to rain everyday. But all in all it was exactly what we all needed. The kids had a blast. It's always more fun when grandparents are involved. We're still getting used to being home again. M is constantly asking to go to grandma's house. L was so happy to see all his toys, and get back into his normal environment. He's been extra cuddly when I've dropped him at daycare this week, but no major crying episodes. Why is coming home so hard? I feel like I need a week off to recover from vacation, and to do all that laundry. I'll dig myself out of the hole...eventually...right?!

L turns one on the 5th, so I'm trying to plan his birthday party. We've got virtually no money, so I don't think that we'll buy much for presents. He'll never know, and he'll be getting so much crap from everyone else. I'm planning on making his cake, shaped like legos. Hopefully they'll be cute, we'll see. I'm going to try to keep it simple, and cheap. Hopefully the weather holds out and we can play outside.

2 comments:

NedaAnn said...

I'm glad you had a great vacation. Can you please post a picture of the lego cake? I would love to see it. Thanks.

Brooke said...

For sure!