I just realized that I've been yammering about yard sales two posts in a row. I'll try to stay off that topic today. I've been in a little bit of a funk the past couple days, I'm not really sure what's wrong. I'm overwhelmed by trying to tackle the store-room, and I find myself thinking about cleaning it out constantly. It's rather alarming, how obsessed it's making me. I would just love to have the room empty, waiting for guests, rather than stuffed to the gills with useless crap. I think I just need to send the kids to mom's and make it happen.
I'm also a little overwhelmed with all the parties happening this weekend. I love the parties themselves, but I hate worrying about making it happen. I've come to the conclusion that I'm just not going to be able to do everything by myself, so if something doesn't get done, well, then so be it. Maybe if I write it all down I'll feel better about what I need to get done. Tonight I need to dust, and make cupcakes for daycare, vacuum, swiffer the floors in the bedrooms, and wrap my niece's present. Tomorrow after work I need to pick up a few groceries, beer, and go to a cookout at a friend's. Friday we've got my niece's party, after that I've got to start making some of the food for Saturday, including L's birthday cake. Saturday morning, I'll frost the cakes, and do the final pickup of the house. It should be okay. I just want to try to stay calm throughout, although I think that by Saturday morning I'll be a little testy. I'm trying to stick with the attitude that it doesn't really matter if my floors have been mopped, or if there's dust on the mantle. I just don't want to give the mil any more ammunition against me. Wish me luck.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I hope everything went well & the birthday party was a complete success with no ammo for MIL. :)
*hugs*
Post a Comment