Monday, May 12, 2008

weekend recap

Did everyone have a good Mother's Day? Mine was nice. I was planning on having a pretty low-key day, but it didn't really end up that way. E had talked to his mom and we wound up going to her house for lunch.

Anyway, once we left there, we headed to my parent's. My dad is a farmer, and E works for him on the side, so he drove tractor. I spent the afternoon/evening with my mom. The only downside was that they stayed in the field until 8, so we didn't get to eat until 8:30. My dad grilled steaks, and I made the rest of the meal. It was nice to take the pressure off my mom.


I did get a pretty funny card from my kids for Mother's Day. Every free moment that E has, he has been farming. They are trying to get the fields ready for planting crops. So, he hasn't really had a chance to stop anywhere to pick anything up for Mother's Day. He evidently just stopped at the gas station in our tiny little town, so I got a Thank you card. Apparantly they were out of Mother's day cards. It was cute, I had to laugh. I always figure it's the thought that counts, I was just happy that he remembered. And M signed the card for her and L, it was adorable. I've got a great little family!

2 comments:

NedaAnn said...

I'm glad you had an overall nice weekend. Sorry about the water softener, we are still trying to get caught up from when the brake lines on my truck burst (while I was driving). It was expensive.

Brooke said...

oh, I bet! I hate the unexpected expenses that come with home-car-whatever-ownership!