Here I am, two days in a row. Still recovering from the weekend, I think. Last night my parents came up to help E with getting the water line ready to bury for the boiler. They have to fashion some sort of insulation box for the pipe to go in underground. They got most of it put together, so that's good. It was also nice to have my mom and sister there, extra hands are always nice with the kiddos. I was actually able to cook the entire meal without someone whining for me! And tomorrow night I have my monthly girls night out. 3 of my girlfriends and I try to get together at least once a month, either at each other's houses or out to eat. It's so nice to get out and hang with my girls every once in a while. We have so much fun together, last time we were all laughing until we cried.
It's payroll day at work today, so I'll be busy here. I didn't get a whole lot accomplished yesterday, at least not anything that has a tangible result, so it will be nice to get something done today. Plus, I get paid too, so that's always good.
M and L have been sleeping so well lately, they must get tired out from being able to play outside. I barely hear a peep from M when I put her to bed, just a few requests for water, hugs, kisses, and the "when are you guys going to bed?" question we hear every night. No more crying or whining, thank goodness. Whining is probably the hardest thing about her age right now. It drives me crazy, grating on my nerves. I don't tolerate it very well. I keep trying to ignore her, or tell her that I can't hear her when she whines. Hopefully she starts to get it pretty soon. Any good suggestions for dealing with that?
L's bottom teeth are starting to pop through, I'm not sure how far as he won't let my finger in there to check. He's growing up way too fast. I've been terrible about documenting anything, besides here, and taking pictures this time. I need to get better about that, I'd like to have some record of his babyhood! Poor second child, they always get the short end of the stick.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Whining - something I know a lot about. I'm not sure that is a good thing, but hopefully this helps. When Trinity whines, I look right at her and tell her "I don't understand whine. Please use your big girl words so I can help you." This way she knows I'm not ignoring her and it makes her aware of what she is doing. Trust me sometimes it takes a few "I'm sorry I just don't understand."'s but it does seem to do the trick most of the time. I've also found that Trinity whines mostly when she is tired. If I'm tired, too then I'm not usually as patient, but I try. Good luck.
Post a Comment