Friday, April 24, 2009

When to quit

Well, my arm has stopped twitching, thank God. It was really starting to get on my nerves. Not too mention starting to freak me out...here I am googling Parkinson's and arm twitches. Just when I was getting to the point of making some appointments, it quit. No unneccessary medical treatment for me, yay!

Anyway, I've been thinking lately about how many kids is too many for our family. My darling husband has said, repeatedly, that 3 is too many, and that we are right where we should be. Most days, I agree, but some days, not so much. I'm not really gung-ho about having another, I'm just not sure that we are done. I wish I had some definitive feelings one way or another.

Two kids is pretty great, we did get one of each, so that's good. I'm glad I'm getting the chance to parent a daughter and a son. I am a little sad that M won't have a sister, but then I should be sad that L doesn't get a brother, right?! I mean, really, they have each other. That's pretty great, I think. We don't have to get a new car, so that's good too. We aren't outnumbered, which is cool, and our house fits 4 people quite nicely.

Pretty much the only reason I would want another would mostly be because I adore babies. I love when they get to be kids, don't get me wrong, but I'm a baby person. I loved loved loved being pregnant, and I loved having a newborn. It's the bee's knees. Luckily, my brother is having his third baby, my sister in law wants more, and my little sister is many years younger than me, so I should be set in the wanting to hold little babies department for a while. There is something to be said about the baby being YOURS, though.

We'll see...we're not taking any permanent (SNIP) steps right now, but seriously, I don't think I could hate the birth control pill any more, and WHY OH WHY won't my insurance cover an IUD. I hate having to worry about birth control. But that's a story for a different day.

No comments: