We made it through Easter, and it actually ended up being a very nice weekend. We spent Saturday at E's mom's house. We stayed home on Sunday. I took M to church, and I think we are going to try to make that a habit. I grew up going to church every weekend, and while it seemed tedious at times, I think it's important. She's really starting to pay attention, and it also gives her and I a little one on one time. L is just a bit too little and loud to try church for an hour. I really don't think E minds having to stay home with him.
Now, we're just gearing up for M's birthday party this weekend. For some reason, I'm not too stressed out about it. I have the food figured out, and just need to make sure the house is relatively clean. Every year I freak out about cleaning, and the house just gets trashed anyway. I'm trying to let it go, and just make sure it's picked up, and if I don't get the windows washed it's not the end of the world. Tomorrow night I need to get her cake baked, and I'm planning on decorating it on Friday. Tonight, I think I'll do as much cleaning as possible, and save the bathroom for Saturday morning. E is the one who's doing the freaking out this year, mostly about having the yard ready. We've gotten quite a bit done already, so hopefully he calm down in the next day or two. Really, it's just a party for a 5 year old, with our families. It doesn't have to be so high stress.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment