Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Whew...

I got dreaded call from daycare saying that the baby, L, was sick. I called the dr, got an appt, and got him from daycare. He was so sick, I felt terrible for him. He was like a limp dishrag, lethargic and glassy-eyed. The dr deemed him sufficiently dehydrated to require IV fluids. Lovely. Trying to get him stuck was horrible. After attempting one foot, then one hand, they finally had to call the anesthesiologist in to try. She finally got one in his other foot, and after only one attempt. Poor, poor baby. He settled right away when I was able to pick him up, but man, holding down your baby while they are sticking him with needles...not cool. He really perked up when the fluids got in, and was able to keep down some pedialyte, and some breast milk. He's much better, thank goodness, keeping fluids down now, for a good 24 hours. We are on the upswing.

Needless to say, I haven't slept well for a few days, and I think that I might be a little smelly today. Probably tmi, but also true. I need a long hot shower. Is it bad that I'm at work, thinking this? My poor co-workers. At least no one has to sit too close to me. My sheets are balled up on the dining room floor awaiting the wash, and I've got laundry piled up to the ceiling, or so it seems. And my right boob is hurting a little bit...I'm praying it's not a clogged duct. Don't want to deal with that right now. Hopefully I can head that off today. Let's just say that I woke up this morning wishing it was Friday.

1 comment:

NedaAnn said...

You poor thing! I just want to rush to your house and do your laundry for you, of course that is primarily because I wouldn't have to look at my pile of laundry. It never ends. I hope the germs have passed in your house and everyone gets healthy soon.