Tuesday, April 22, 2008

A New Day

I'm seriously lacking motivation these days. There are so many things that I should be doing, that I'm not doing. I'm still just completely wiped out. I think that I could use some exercise. E was saying the other day that he wants to start eating better, maybe exercising. It sounds good to me, the hard part is actually putting the plan into action. I think that he is right though, it would be good for all of us to start focusing on our health. I could definitely stand to lose some weight. I'm a little scared of what will happen when I quit making milk. Right now I can eat pretty much whatever I want without any consequences. I'm not skinny by any means, but I'm also not getting fatter. This increased metabolism will slow down to a crawl when my body quits making milk, I'm sure. I suppose the smart thing to do would be to get into a good routine now, rather than later.

The weather is finally starting to get better, so I'm hoping that we can get outside more and more every day. I have a few gardens that I need to clean out, and I'm looking forward to blowing bubbles and playing outside. The downside is that I don't get home until 5, so our time out there is pretty limited. I should really start planning some menus that are quick and easy, so I don't have to spend as much time inside cooking. We just bought a half of a pig from our local butcher shop, so I'm excited to have some pork in the freezer. That is definitely one major plus living in a farming community. Our freezer is always stocked with a bunch of fresh, locally grown meat. Now, I just need to come up with some new ways to cook all that pork. I'm in such a cooking rut right now too...seems like a recurrent theme in my life right now!

Spring feels like such a time for renewal. Maybe this will be my season. I really am so fortunate, we have a pretty nice life here. My kids are healthy, and so is the rest of my family. We live close to family, and have access to a lot of fun things to do. I need to start taking advantage of it all, and stop wallowing in what I don't have.

4 comments:

NedaAnn said...

I do a lot of crock pot cooking and grilling because I don't want to tied to a stove when the weather is beautiful. I love pork roast with teryaki sauce in the crock pot - yum. I also made pork chops the other week and I fried them with just a little butter over low heat - nice and juicy. I don't have much for pork recipes - sorry we eat a lot of chicken and beef. Maybe shredded pork sandwiches? If I come up with anything else I'll let you know.

Brooke said...

mmm, those are some great ideas! We like to grill in the summer as well, it's fun to cook outside, as a family. I need to get out the crockpot more, I've never really used it much.

NedaAnn said...

Wow, I cannot imagine life without my crock pots, yes I have 2 large & 1 small. I used to have 3 large, but one broke. At least one is dirty at all times that is how much I use them. Hmmm. . .maybe that isn't normal? :)

Brooke said...

Wow, that's awesome that you use it so much. I need to do better at meal planning, I think I'd use it more if I was better at planning. I'm usually planning dinner on the spur of the moment. Which is why we ate grilled cheese, pepperoni and pickles for supper last night!