Looks like I'm at least getting here weekly! I think that it's good for me to write some things down, I feel like I process everything better after I have time to work through all the stuff in my head. Plus, I'm forgetful, so this helps me remember things!
One thing, for instance, is that L is starting to crawl. He's regularly getting up on all fours, rocking back and forth. He usually ends up angry, and not quite sure why he's all of a sudden face planted on the carpet. It's cute, and I can not even believe that my tiny little baby is starting to get mobile. And just when M is solidly into playing with P.olly P.ocket. It's seriously scary all the small parts that come with those dolls. I'm constantly on the lookout for teeny little shoes, hats, etc. We need to get her room organized so that everything can have a specific place.
I think that may be what we need to do to get her to help pick up around the house too. When I was growing up, we were always expected to pick up after ourselves, and always helped Mom clean up around the house. I've been trying to get M involved in all of this as well. When she was 2-3, she loved to help pick up. Now, not so much. I think that part of my problem is that I'm not specific enough. I've noticed that when I tell her exactly what to do, she'll eventually do it. But, if I just tell her to pick up her room, no dice. So, I'll stick with the specifics, but with that comes some work for me to help get her organized. Her closet needs some work, but I'm not sure where to start. I'll have to g.oogle for some ideas.
On a completely different subject, E used to work for a construction company. It was seasonal, he'd work tons of hours in the summer, and then be laid off in the winter. He would also often be gone for the work week, home on the weekends. It all depended on where there was work. Once we had kids, he decided that he couldn't be gone all week anymore. He got another job, one that's close to home, no overnights. Pretty much doing the same thing, but more stability, benefits, etc. We're very fortunate, and were reminded of just how fortunate last night. He had called one of his old work buddies (this is a close friend, was in our wedding) to see how his first day back to work was going. He finds out that at 9pm on Sunday night, the night before they were all supposed to go back to work after the lay-off this winter, that the company is closing it's doors! They had to return all the equipment, with no explanation, nothing. I had chills as he told me, realizing how close we came to being one of those guys! Thank God he got out of there when he did. I feel awful for all the guys who lost their jobs, they must be freaking out right now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Are our daughters the same person?
Whenever you post about her I always think - gosh, I could make that exact same post. Trinity was very into Polly Pockets, but now she has moved on to My Little Pony & sometimes Barbie. She used to love helping pick up also, but recently not so much. I have discovered the act of being specific, too. Although, she does love to sweep. Unfortunately I have to sweep again when she's done. Don't you just love them.
Scary about the construction job. I hope they can find work somewhere else. It is getting scarce around here as well.
Our girls must have a lot in common! I hope someday we can get them together to play. M is into Barbie too, I've got to get a good way to organize it all. Any ideas?
Post a Comment