Monday, December 31, 2007

New Year's Eve

Back at work again today, and then I have tomorrow off. I'm looking forward to having a schedule again. Both kids are out of whack, wanting to stay up late. At least they will both sleep in, both weekend mornings we didn't get out of bed until almost 9:30. I haven't slept that late since the baby was born and I was still in the hospital. It was very nice. It did suck though, last night, when he didn't want to go to sleep until almost 10. Makes it hard to get up in the morning.



I'm looking forward to being through with the holiday season. It wasn't particularly stressful this year, I'm just glad to be done. I've really been feeling the need to declutter, and the holidays are like the antithesis to decluttering for me. There's so much crap lying around my house, I can hardly stand it. We still have one Christmas left to celebrate with my husband's mom. They were supposed to come to our house the weekend before Christmas, but it snowed so no one wanted to drive. Who knows when we will do it now. They aren't the most organized. I'm not going to fret about it. I'm hoping they will still want to do it at our house, so I'll just make sure that I keep the house relatively clean in the meantime. Win-win, I think.

Lately I've been feeling like such a terrible housekeeper. I really need to make it a point to to better at cleaning. It seems like there are more days than not where I would be completely embarrassed if anyone unexpectedly dropped by. I really don't like feeling like that. I remember as a kid, my mom having a "cleaning day" every Saturday, and we would all have to help. Maybe I just need to institute a policy like that. Cripes, I'm home 4 days out of the week. The least I can do is get the house clean. I really want it clean, too, not just picked up. I know that most aspects of my life would benefit from this as well. Right down to my relationship with the husband. He is probably the most anal-retentive person that I know. Especially when it comes to cleanliness. There are many days where if he beats me home, he's cleaning something. It's nice, but it's also frustrating. He doesn't quite get how hard it is to do this when you have 2 small children there with you. Either way, that's a whole 'nother post! I think that's my resolution this year, do better at keeping the house clean. Let's see how long it lasts!

1 comment:

Jovi said...

oh yeah, i am sooo there with you in needing a cleaner house! and my mom has always been amazing at keeping everything clean, decluttered and tidy. wish i had that gene!!