Well, it's the day after Christmas. I can't believe that Christmas has already came and gone. Every year that feeling gets more and more pronounced. We prepare and prepare, and then, poof!, it's over. I'm tired today, we've had a few nights in row that I was up after 11! Gasp! I know, I'm a rockstar. All in all it was a great Christmas. We received a lot of generous gifts, and were able to give some as well. Everyone was happy, which is a feat in itself. I realized that I am officially old though, when my most exciting gift was a pretty filing cabinet, and I was so excited to get organized! Priorities change, I guess, with time. As they should.
I am so very glad that I have the rest of the week off after today. My house needs a good scrub down, and some toy organization. It's terrible right now. I'm even tempted to rip down the tree and get all the decorations put away. Our tree is in really good shape yet though, so maybe I'll leave it up until next week. I'm just looking forward to getting everything back to normal. What is it about this time of year? Everything seems to just be a little out of whack.
This year was a tough one for us. I've learned so much about myself, some good, some bad. My family has been so blessed this year, even if we don't have a lot of money. We are so rich in so many other ways. I know it's corny, but it's true. I am excited to look forward to see what 2008 brings!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment