Wednesday, December 12, 2007

An introduction

I suppose that now that I've got this posting thing figured out I should introduce myself. I'm not even sure if I'll ever have any readers...I hope so, but I am going to just write this for myself. I'm not a very good writer, but hopefully I won't send too many people running for the hills. I'm the mother of two, and wife to a lovely husband. I have a daughter, and a son. I still haven't figured out what their names will be here...still working on that one. I live in a very rural area, on 20 acres of woods. My husband (haven't figured out his name yet either) and I are both from tiny little towns, his hometown is population 800 (where our kids will go to school) and mine is about 3000. I grew up on a dairy farm, but have never milked a cow. My parents still farm, along with my brother. My husband was a 'city-kid', if you could call it that in a town of 800!

My kids are 3 and 5 months, and girl and then a boy. My son was born this summer, 9 weeks early. We spent 6 weeks in the NICU, and I'm pretty sure that I'm not finished processing all of that. I'm sure you'll hear me talking about that a lot too. My daughter is 3, hilarious and exasperating all at the same time. She's using every opportunity to test me right now, as 3 year olds do. I want to start documenting some of the funny things that she says. My son, well, he is just about the easiest baby I've ever seen. I feel like I sort of deserve it though, as the girl was just about the most high maintenance baby I've ever seen...still is actually. I love them both to the moon and back!

I have a feeling I'm going to be one of those people who post a million times a day...I'm sure after the newness wears off I'll settle in for once a day. Bear with me, please!



I am mostly going to use this blog to wax poetic about my mundane life...and probably vent about my mother-in-law. There just seems to be a shortage of people in my life who want to hear about that, can't imagine why!

2 comments:

Jovi said...

heh. hey brooke! nice to see you here...i'll read your rants and anything else you care to post :) glad that L is such an easy baby...zion was very high needs and liel much easier, it's nice to get a break!

Sara said...

Hellooooo!
I wanted to mention, you could probably just use 1st initials or something for your kids and hubby.
Hope things are going well!
Have a great weekend!