Monday, January 7, 2008

Only here on Mondays...

Seems like I'm only posting on Mondays lately. I'm finding it really hard to get here on my days off. And Mondays seem to be my slacker day at work, so I must spend more time on the net.

We had a good week, not too much happened. I got the Christmas tree down yesterday, didn't even have too many needles on the floor. It was such a nice tree, I was sad to take it down. I still need to wrap up the lights, and put the ornaments away, but I'll get there. On Thursday I think I'm going to get all the Christmas crap put away. And then I will relish the bareness of all the surfaces in my house! The girl was sort of sad about the tree being down, so my hubby stuck it in a snowbank in the yard. It actually looks okay...not as white-trash as I thought it would. They also built a sweet snowman...complete with a corn-cob pipe! I was duly impressed.

We had a well-check for the boy on Thursday. 14 pounds, 9 ounces, 24 inches long. Getting bigger, but still only in the 3rd percentile for weight, 5th for height. We also have a NICU follow-up appt on Friday. I'm looking forward to hearing what they have to say about him. I'm pretty sure that my dr doesn't deal with many preemies, so I don't think she has much for a point of reference. I want to hear about his development from people who see these babies day in and day out. He seems to be doing just fine, I just want to make sure. It's so scary to think of there being something "wrong" with your baby...I'm looking forward to the reasssurance that he's doing just fine. The husband is going with us, the clinic is about 2 hours away. That will be nice, it's not that often that he makes it to dr appts. Heck, maybe we'll even live it up and go out for lunch or something! The girl is going to her grandma's, thank goodness. She's not the greatest at being patient in waiting rooms/dr offices.

No comments: