Well, I guess spring is officially here, even though it's only going to hit 48 or so today, wtf?! I am more that happy to retire the winter coats, snow pants, and boots. Mag's backpack used to weigh 40 gazillion pounds, and is now much more manageable for a 5 (almost 6!) year old.
I'm gearing up for her birthday party, I think that this will be the first year that we'll delve into the realm of the friend birthday party. I'm hoping that a few little girls will come over, they'll decorate some cupcakes, play pin the tail on the donkey, and knock around a pinata. I'm a little bit nervous, Mags is always talking about who's being mean to who, etc. I just want everyone to get along. I'm only planning on about 2 hours, so it shouldn't be too bad.
I decided to get a little crafty this year, and am making a happy birthday banner to hang. I decided to do it out of felt, and hand sew the letters on. It looks like a little kid did it, but I'm just going with that it adds to the charm. Hopefully no one will see right through that excuse for my terrible sewing skills. It's actually turning out pretty cute, hopefully I'll be able to get the ribbon sewn on without any major malfunctions. I've got her cake pretty much mapped out, I'm doing a rainbow cake. I think she'll get a kick out of it. I've made it a habit to make the kids' cakes every year, even if it ends up being a box mix at least they'll always remember mom making their cake. Plus, I'm cheap and picky when it comes to frosting. I'm thinking of making cookies too. I like the idea of cookies decorated with royal icing, so maybe I'll take a stab at that. I ordered some vanilla bean paste, so when that comes this week I'll get started on those. For once, I actually feel like all my ducks are in a row. I'm taking that Friday off, (family party's on Sat.) so I can have the day to prepare. Which means quickly scrub the bathroom, cook, and mop the floors. Hopefully I won't spend much of Saturday morning snapping at everyone and throwing on a happy face once everyone arrives if I have a little extra time on Friday. I'm sure my husband will appreciate that as well.
After a nice little streak of sleeping in his own bed, Luke's starting to want to head into our bed for the night again. I do love the little bugger, but I'm finding it hard to get a good night's sleep with him in there. I'll have to get on that. He's a little charmer though, and always knows what to say ("but I just wanna snuggle you...) to make it too hard to resist. I'll keep trying to push through, but until then more than likely I'll have another bed-mate. He was doing so well, I didn't even have to lay in there with him anymore. Ah, the trials of parenting. If this is the biggest problem I have with him I guess I'm lucky! Now, if he'd just start to get the hang of using the toilet, we'd be set. Maybe the sleep regression is a part of that, maybe he's gearing up to learn how to use the toilet, that would be awesome! Wishful thinking, I'm sure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment