Wednesday, July 9, 2008

It's been a while

since I've been here. I guess time just got a way from me. The weekend went really well, no big issues arose. Other than sick grandparent's (the hubby's) everything went well.


The birthday boy did great, he loved the cake...smeared it everywhere! It turned out pretty cute. I didn't do the best job ever frosting, I was a little short on time. It served its purpose though, so I'm happy with it.

3 comments:

NedaAnn said...

The cakes are awesome! How did you make the shape? Did you have a lego mold or did you do it freehand? I'm so impressed.

Rachel Elizabeth said...

Love the lego cake. My fiance would love it!

Brooke said...

Thanks! I baked the cake in a 9 x 13 pan, and then cut it. I put it in the freezer so that it would frost easier. I didn't have a mold, the "peg" are marshmallows cut in half, and then frosted. It was a pain in the ass...thank goodness there weren't many of them. It turned out pretty good, I wish that I could have spent some more time making the frosting smoother...