Tuesday, January 15, 2008

A New Day

The girl came home from daycare yesterday, and apparently she had said a "bad" word. My provider said that she was telling a story, and said "my momma says damn-it." She gets right up in this little boy's face and says, "damn-it, damn-it, damn-it."

Lovely. I mentioned something to my daycare provider this morning (Hubby picks up at night) and she found it pretty amusing. It was pretty funny, but I realized that I need to watch my mouth a little bit. I'm just happy she's not biting or hitting. Like last week.

Yes, I have that kid. She's been a biter, I think, since she's gotten teeth. We've been working really hard at getting her to use her words, etc. There's a brother and sister at daycare that really get under her skin. I think that they really annoy her, and she was lashing out at them physically to get them away from her. I've never seen her bite/hit anyone else, so it was really hard for us to figure out what was going on. She's been really good about it, so hopefully she is finally done with that. We will think that she's past it, and then it happens again. She is trying really hard, and really, what more can I ask of her?

I'm a little sad, I have to get back to working full time soon. Not until the end of February, but that's coming awfully fast. I know that I'm really going to miss having those two extra days off during the week. I'm not sure how I'm going to be able to get anything done! It will be good to have the extra money, but I'm not looking forward to paying full price for daycare. Good Lord, it's expensive. I hope that the baby does okay there...he's starting to be shy with people he doesn't know. It may be a little hard on him at first. The girl loves it there, so I know that he'll be fine too. I have a great daycare provider, she's like a part of the family. I'm sure there'll be a bit of a transition period as we ease into the new routine. I suppose it's finally getting back to "normal" after the baby's rather crazy first six months!

1 comment:

Jovi said...

i'm glad things are better with DH! as for the biter...i know some GREAT mamas with biters. sounds like you are dealing with it really well! she'll get there.

lol zion swears sometimes, too. we're probably bad parents for it, but we don't mind. we don't encourage it, of course! but we don't comment when he does it, either.