Thursday, February 18, 2010

The sickies

I ended up taking Luke to the dr on Tuesday. He started running a fever at daycare, and just wasn't himself. Double ear infection, and a cold. He was complaining of a sore throat, but we didn't think that the torture of a strep test was worth it if we were putting him on an anitbiotic anyway for his ears. He's feeling much better this morning, back at daycare after a day with Grandma. I'm thinking that medicine is finally kicking in.

It's days like yesterday, though, where I can really see the appeal of being a SAHM. I felt so bad trying to figure out a way to go to work, when I should have spent the day with my sick kid. I'm so very lucky that my parents live close, and my mom has a very flexible work schedule (as in, she works when she wants to). Mostly I'm just feeling a little guilty that I didn't just stay home and take care of him. After all, his is my responsibility. Ah, well, I guess it's not really worth worrying about too much. My mom loves him almost as much as I do, and I know that he loves being with her too, even if he's sick.

I haven't had much time this week to make "good" suppers, so there isn't much to talk about food-wise. I did make a pretty awesome brownie sugar cookie, drizzled with a ganache for a coworker's birthday. Yum! I've been on a major baking kick lately, it's fun. Finally got a stand mixer for Christmas, and she's definitely been getting a work out.

Poor Mags hasn't gotten much attention from me since Luke's been sick. She climbed into bed with me this morning for a snuggle before we had to get up. It's easy to forget that she is still so little, even though she's 5. Cripes, soon enough I'll be teaching her how to drive! The time, it goes by fast.

No comments: