When did June sneak up one me? I'm not sure what happened to the time. M has finished with school, so we're already in the throes of summer. Even if it's not summer yet. We're heading up north on vacation next week. I'm really looking forward to it. A few days off of work will be really nice. I always start to get into a rut at work this time of the year, so I think a couple of days will be just the thing to get me jump-started again.
The kids are both getting so big. L is starting to show a little interest in the potty, so he'll sit on the toilet once every day. He thinks he's pretty cool sitting there. Nothing's happened yet, but I'm not worried. He'll let me know when he's ready. We took the crib down, it was recalled, so I just have his crib mattress on the floor. I keep trying to get him to sleep in there, but he's not having it yet. He's taken a few naps in his room, and slept in there one night for about 2 hours, so we're getting there. To tell you the truth, I like having him in bed with us, I'll really miss it when he starts sleeping in his own bed. He's a great little snuggle bug.
I think I've finally come to terms with the fact that there will be no more babies for me, so I'm going to enjoy the last one for a while. If he doesn't move out of our bed, or potty train right away, that's all right with me. It would be nice to be done with diapers, though! I used to get upset when I thought about not having any more kids, now I feel pretty peaceful about that decision. Luckily, my little sister is quite a bit younger than I am, and my brother is still having babies, so there are going to be lots of babies around for me to hold. And I won't have to get up with them in the middle of the night! I think it's the right decision for us. Our family does feel complete, I don't think that anyone is missing. We work well together, and it's only getting better, and easier, as time goes on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment