Good Lord, it's been so long since I've felt like posting anything. I'm starting to feel the itch to start writing things down again, we'll see how long I last this time. The summer seemed to just fly by!
I can't believe that M has been in school for a month already. It is much nicer on the daycare bill, having her in school all day. We had PT conferences last night, and she's doing great. The teacher really had nothing to say, just that she's doing really well. Always a relief to hear that your kid's doing all right in school. I hope that it continues throughout the year. One thing that I know that I need to work on is reading to her. I'm ashamed to say that there are some nights where I just don't sit down to read a book together. I'd love to start getting into some chapter books, and make reading a much larger part of our life at home. I love to read, and hope that M will enjoy it as well.
L's doing well, just being a normal 2 year old. He's pretty happy and easy going, it's nice to have such a chill kid. He's gone on the potty once, at my mom's house, so progress is being made! He's also starting each night out in his own bed, coming into ours at about 2am 4 nights out of 5. I don't mind, he really is a good snuggler. He's recently started saying I love you on his own, without me saying it first. I'm in love!
We recently spent a Sunday at the pumpkin patch with my aunt, and her 4 kids. They range in age from 10 to 7, 3 girls and a boy. It's so fun to watch our kids hang out, the older kids do such a great job with my little ones. They had a blast. M noticed a loose tooth after eating a caramel apple at the pumpkin patch, and lost her tooth about a week later. Of course, the tooth fairy showed up, and she was fifty cents richer. She did have a moment before she found the money. She checked under the wrong pillow and started crying. She figured the tooth fairy must have ripped her off! After a tense moment all was well.
I've got a girl's night coming up on Friday. I'm really looking forward to getting out with my ladies. We try to make it work once a month or so, either at a restaurant or someone's house. We're headed out this time, for some great food, wine, and conversation. I can't wait. I think that my dear husband has the itch to get into the woods (to bowhunt) and hasn't had the opportunity yet. It's making him seriously cranky. If anything I need a break from him more than I need one from the kiddos!
We had our first accumulating snowfall already, only a couple inches, yesterday. I find it hard to believe that we could see 60 degress again. I hope so, I need a nice day to put up Christmas lights outside! I've started making a list for Christmas gifts, I think M's getting a N!intendo Ds...I hope that at 5 she's old enough for one! We'll find out, soon enough, I guess.
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment