It's the first day of fall today. It was my birthday yesterday. I had a pretty good day, my mom took the kids and I shopping. We got L his first pair of shoes. They are an adorable little pair of stride rite sneakers. Cute! He's still getting used to having shoes on...he stumbles around like a little drunk frat boy.
L had a N.ICU follow up appt on Friday. He did so great, I'm so proud. We had to pay 2 copays because he was seeing 2 separate doctors (SUCK), but it was definitely worth it! They do a sort of IQ test for babies, and he scored very well. I have to do some shameless mommy bragging now: average babies score 100, "genius" babies score 130, L scored 125. It was so good to hear that he's doing so well. Makes me feel like we're doing something right. It's also reassuring to know that coming early isn't going to have any lasting effects on his development. I didn't think that it had, but I still was happy to have the professionals tell me so.
I'm feeling a little less blah. I'm going to make a commitment to myself to spend this next year of my life getting my habits in order. I need to commit to exercising on a regular basis. I've taken my birthday as a starting point. So, today's the day. I'm going to try to get in 3-4 times per week. I don't want to get discouraged if I miss a day, so if I do, I do. I want to be at least a couple sizes smaller by next year. I know that I can do it, if I really want to. I have to. I'm tired of being fat. I'm tired of not fitting into the clothes I want to. It's not all about vanity, I also want to be a good example to my daughter, and my son. They need to see me healthy, and fit. So, again, today's the day, the day I start getting it together!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What wonderful news about L. I'm glad the appt went so well. Congrats on having a new outlook & starting to exercise. I was thinking the same exact thing, then I got pregnant. Now with the PICC line I am not supposed to do anything strenuous, so exercise is out at least for now. I wish you luck & if I can help, just tell me how. :)
Thanks Neda! I appreciate the support!
Post a Comment