Wednesday, January 13, 2016

5 years?!

Whoa, five years since my last post. I just went through and read a few old posts, it's crazy how different life is, and how much it's still the same.  My kids have grown up so much, we've really hit a sweet spot right now with them. Don't get me wrong, they still have their moments, but I love that we can talk, and they understand reason (for the most part).

M is in 6th grade now, and growing up way too fast. I was talking to L (who is in 3rd grade) and he was talking about how old he'd be when M was x age. He said, "so when I'm 16, M will be 19." I told him that she'd probably be moving out and going to college. We talked about how weird it would be to just be the three of us in the house without her. He stopped, thought a minute and said, "I took it too far, didn't I?" None of us want to think about the quick, inevitable passage of time.

When I was thinking about writing again here, and was reading through some of my old posts, I realized how much I like having a spot. Just for me, to write about what's on my mind. Let's see how long this lasts!

No comments: