Well, that last post was a little dramatic, no?! Thank the heavens above Luke has actually enjoyed his bed most nights since our brief return to newborn sleep patterns. He goes to bed easily, (I don't even have to sit in there with him anymore) and rarely wakes before we do in the morning. He's actually turning into a pretty kick-ass sleeper, knock on wood.
We've been gearing up for his birthday party, 3! years old this year. It sort of came up on me suddenly, so I decided we're just going to grill out hot dogs and brats, and have some cold salads and chips & dip. When you ask what his favorite color is, he says "CAMO," so I'm going to blow his little mind with some camo cupcakes. Hopefully they turn out, and don't look like crap (literally). Wish me luck.
Mags is in our town's summer rec program, and has had a few t-ball games. It's pretty cute, and funny, watching 6-8 year olds trying to play ball. Organized chaos is all it is. But, it's good for her to stay in touch with some of her friends, I think. She's a pretty sensitive kid. I think that new situations scare her a little, so I try to encourage her to try new things, and join in. Sometimes she's a little shy at first, and starts to whine that the other kids don't like her. I'm hoping that she'll get over this, and soon.
I can't believe that we already heading into July, I swear that school just let out for the summer. As much as I love the summer, I'm already looking forward to school. Mostly so my daycare bill isn't bigger than my mortgage!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment