I've been stewing about this for a couple of days now. I watched the debates on Wednesday night, and I'm just so sad and angry. Before Wednesday, I wasn't really sure who I wanted to vote for. I was leaning one direction, but wanted to see both sides, and make an informed decision. With one little hand gesture, my decision was made. I'm so hurt, and angry, that John McCain has such little regard for my life. My life, my sister's, my daughter's. He's ready to let me die, because he believes that the definition of the health of the mother has been stretched too far.
I'm not "pro-abortion". I'm pro-CHOICE. Our personal beliefs about abortion don't matter. It's not about what I believe. It's about being able to make the choice that is best for MY situation. When options and choices are taken away, we're left with nothing. John McCain has no right to tell anyone what's best for them. If he's willing to let his wife die because of his beliefs, then so be it. My husband might not be okay with that. We deserve the right to make our own decisions.
There are so many people that are more eloquent that I am, who have said it better, but I had to get this out. I'm tired of the rhetoric. I'm tired of people implying that a woman's life is not important. I'm not a one-issue voter, but this time, I might be. I have to vote for Barack Obama. Not just for me, but for every woman I know. For my daughter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment