Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

I know that it's a contrived holiday, but we still try to do something a little special on Valentine's Day. No presents or anything, but I think I'll cook a nice dinner tonight, and we got our tax return back. Doesn't sound too exciting, but I was pumped to see that we will get a decent refund. It will be nice to replace some of the money that's been hemmoraging out of our savings account. I'm planning on using some of the Pioneer Woman's recipes, pan fried ribeyes, and roasted garlic mashed potatoes. It will be right up my meat & potatoes guy's alley. Hopefully I can manage to make it without any major mishaps.

The baby is sick again, but finally getting better. That last couple of days have been trying. He's especially clingy and whiny, and while I know that he doesn't feel good, it's not hard to see that men are bred to be whiny when they are sick from birth. It must be instinctual. It's all drama, all the time. He was much better today when he woke up, so YAY! I felt terrible yesterday, we had an eye appt for him, and I got the evil eye a few times in the waiting room when he was hacking. There wasn't much I could do...the appt was scheduled for us 6 months ago, rescheduling would have been a nightmare.

One funny thing the girl said that I need to get written down:
At my mom's, out of the blue she says "Grandma, I wish I had one really long arm." Dumbfounded, my mom asks why. The response, "There's a bouncy ball behind our couch, and with a really long arm I think I could reach it." Talk about completely random. She's a funny kid. Also, she wrote her name for the first time this week! We have been struggling with it, she's a bit stubborn when we are trying to teach her something. I was tickled that she finally did it.

No comments: